The season four premiere of The Walking Dead is only two weeks away. Just like everyone has a plan for the zombie apocalypse, I’m sure you all have a plan for the big premiere. I’m going to be out of town on October 13th, but you better believe I called my hotel to make sure they have AMC (I’m always prepared).
I’m watching the season three finale right now to get pumped up for the new episodes (I told my husband that if he deleted my The Walking Dead episodes from the DVR, it would be grounds for divorce – it’d fall under the abusive behavior category). Everyone has high expectations of the season four premiere, and there’s a lot I’d like to see happen in the new season. I’m sure most Zombie Guide readers know that I like making lists, so here are ten things I’d like to see happen in season four.
- Obviously, someone needs to kill the Governor. I was shocked when he didn’t die at the end of season three. I really don’t care who does it, but someone needs to get that Governor (Michonne would be my first choice, but I’m not picky).
- I’d really like it if Rick took all of Carl’s bullets away. Carl can keep his gun, but those bullets have got to go.
- Carol really needs to get some action in season four. Her good-for-nothing husband died in season one, and she’s been single long enough. She almost made it happen with Axel, and there might be a connection with Daryl. I just want to see someone put a smile on Carol’s face.
- While I love character development, I would like them to focus on the zombies a little more in season four. I understand that the prison is a nice safe haven from the walkers, but it’s just so much more exciting when a zombie could pop out at any moment.
- Beth showed a wee bit of badassery at the end of season three, so I’d love to see her step up and kick some zombie ass this season. What I DON’T want to see is a hookup between Beth and Carl. It’s too soon for that! Maybe Beth can find some romance in season five, but they should wait until she’s eighteen!
- I’d like to see the ghost of Merle come back and haunt the prison. I’ve always wondered what a whiskey drinking, bad tempered, misogynistic ghost would act like. Maybe we’ll find out in season four!
- Rick started to get it together at the end of last season, and I’d really like it if he went back to being the leader. Even though he wasn’t a perfect leader in season two, it was nice for the group to have someone to look to for answers. They’ll be better off if Rick has a sound mind.
- Speaking of Rick and sound minds, he would benefit from a little nookie. This time, Shane won’t be there to steal his lady love.
- The Walking Dead writers love killing off the main characters, so if they’re going to start slaying people at the beginning of this season, I guess it might be time for Hershel to go. Don’t get me wrong, I love him, but he’s definitely the weakest link. I’m terrified they’re going to kill Carol, and that would just break my heart. So if I had to pick one of the main characters, I’d put Hershel on the chopping block (sorry, dude).
- Last but not least, I want Greg Nicotero to be a zombie again. He was a pretty awesome zombie in seasons one and three, so I think they should carry on the tradition and have him show up as one of the undead in season four.
Sadly, I’m moving from the East Coast to the West Coast in three weeks, so I won’t be able to watch The Walking Dead with the rest of the East Coasters when it airs at 9:00 PM. Stupid West Coast time zone! I’ll just have to stay off Twitter and Facebook from 6:00 to 9:00 every Sunday evening to avoid spoilers. My life is so hard! At least I’ll have new episodes of my favorite zombie show to get me through this difficult time in my life. The Walking Dead makes everything better!