We love bread! It is the oldest food known to mankind. It is the most prominent food in the world and is a staple in the average American diet. We eat on average 53 pounds of it a year. Bread is easy to make on your own. With a few simple ingredients, you can bake your own for sale, trade, or snacking.
-5 cups of flour
-1 cup of water
-2 teaspoons of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, or get a campfire going.
- Slowly mix everything together in a bowl with a spoon or your hands (wash hands first).
- Lightly dust a clean, flat surface.
- Knead the dough for five minutes.
- Divide and roll the dough into balls roughly the size of the palm of your hand.
- Flatten them into ¼ inch thick discs.
- Puncture the tops with holes to allow for even cooking.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown on a cookie sheet or flat stone.
*DISCLAIMER: We are not responsible if you burn yourself while making this product. It’s fire, if you didn’t know it’s hot, then you are too young for this page.